May 29 – June 1, 2019
Start planning your celebrations
Last year, World Milk Day took social media by storm – occurring over 42 hours around the world with 586 events in 72 countries, with the hashtag #WorldMilkDay reaching 868 million impressions.
This year, the Global Dairy Platform is counting on all of you to break new records to celebrate the benefits that milk and dairy products bring to our lives. And the 2019 celebration starts early with an Enjoy Dairy Rally May 29 – May 31, culminating with World Milk Day on Saturday, June 1. Details for the Enjoy Dairy Rally will be shared shortly, but it will be a global social media campaign promoting the Nutrition, Community and Enjoyment benefits of dairy tied together with the hashtags #WorldMilkDay and #EnjoyDairy
For World Milk Day, please start planning your events, which could be:
• A physical fitness event fuelled by dairy
• A school kid trip to visit a dairy farm
• A photo contest to select the most photogenic dairy cow
• Donation of dairy products to a food bank
• A project with nutritionists to share the important nutritional facts about milk and dairy products
• A video with dairy farmers working on a development project
• A meal featuring only dairy products
Please follow us on social media to be involved in the campaign:
• Hashtags: #WorldMilkDay and #EnjoyDairy
• Facebook: @GlobalDairyPlatform
• Twitter: @worldmilkday
• Instagram: @globaldairyplatform
You can register your events here: https://worldmilkday.org/registration/
And you can join the conversation on social media by following #EnjoyDairy and #WorldMilkDay and posting all your favorite pictures celebrating milk and dairy products. Please feel free to share this announcement among your networks.
Join the Global Mobilizers
We also invite those who want to participate as Mobilizers for the event
Being a mobilizer entails the following:
• We will register your name in the mobilizers’ distribution list where we will to send you relevant information relating to World Milk Day
• Have at least one active social media account
• Have positive content to support World Milk Day in your areas of expertise or use the one provided by us. We are talking about social media assets, such as posts with key messages, visuals, videos, etc…
• Be very active on social media during shifts (June 1 in your timezone). Plan for 1 tweet and 2 to 5 re-tweets per hour.
• Attend the training session hosted by Emerging Ag Inc in the weeks to come.
You will be able to download all our material on our website. We’ll share and credentials to log in once you have confirmed your interest to participate as a Mobilizer .
If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org